CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 23, 2009

We are staying- please come see us on the 27th

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are staying in Blore until the regularly scheduled time. The flight change was possible but it was expensive. We have found a zoo/safari to go to and a theme park, so we are going to do those things on Saturday and Sunday.

We went back to Shishu Mandir briefly today. I was a little worried of how things would go, but she did great. We went when the kids were at school and only the "aunties" were there. We picked up her clothes, got a quick picture, got the picture book and said goodbye. She was ready to go and she did great!

We took a rickshaw going and coming back. It's a short drive from our hotel but it's still a crazy experience. The driver on the way back couldn't understand us, so I was a bit worried, but we guided him back. We went to SM and back to the hotel for about 1 dollar.

We are now chilling in the hotel and will be going shopping in just a few mintues with Saju and Nissi. We have to get Ambika some shoes as the ones we have brought are way too big. Keep sending the comments- we love to hear from you!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Keith & Ashley & Ambika! It is great to hear that all of you all are doing so well. I have been thinking about all of you this week. I am happy to hear that everything is going great and that Ambika is ready to come home with you. I am sorry to say that we will not be able to come see you at the airport but we will try to come see you soon. Enjoy the rest of your trip and have a safe journey back to Atlanta! I love you all, Aunt Paige!

Christina said...

Lisa Goodwin emailed me today and wants you to know that she is about to explode with joy. Her computer is not being cooperative to send comments but she wants me to tell you that she can't wait to see all of you. She's going to do her best to be there on the 27th. The Healans are glad you're taking in some sights. Take it all in!!

Anonymous said...

Tell Saju I said to find you guys a big Indian Cobra and snake charmer. Can't leave without that piece of culture. KFC over there is Kurry Fried Chicken... or was it really chicken?? tastes like chicken...hmmm??? Keep Smilin.

~Ashley~ said...

Sorry you can't come home early, but the safari and the water show sound like great fun!!! Can't wait to see you Tuesday night.

Love you all

Christina said...

I'm so excited. The slide show just started working this afternoon and I got to see new pix of all of you. I must have tried a million times before I got them. I've been about to burst to see more photos. You all look tired, but Ambika looks ecstatic to be with you both. I can't wait to talk, AW. I want to hear every hilarious detail.

Unknown said...

I am so excited for all of you! I love hearing about your experiences. Steve told me about how the people over there drive and you described it exactly!! We sure can't wait to see Ambika and be able to meet her. We will continue praying for all of you! I am sure M1 and M2 are ready to see you guys and their sister!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley said...

For the record - KFC has the secret recipe in India. It was very good. However, I had a subway BMT brought into the hotel. The Subway staff took some liberty to add an indian sauce. The sandwich wasn't bad, but I don't think I will order subway on Monday while we are preparing for our flight home.

We will keep trying to up-load pics to the web.

Saju is scheduled to come to Georgia for three days in February. Pray for his Visa application.

We are planning on riding an elephant at the zoo. That should be interesting.

Keith

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! Thanks for sending me the link to your web page. I received it on my BB while in BLR & was moved to see the picture of Ambika. She's beautiful and you all look SO happy. What a gift she is for you and vice versa.

I arrived home last night after a whirlwind 2 day visit. What an experience! It's hard to imagine a more stark contrast as I drove around today with so many everyday conveniences we completely take for granted.

God Bless and safe travels home!
-Lou

Anonymous said...

We are so excited to see all of you. A picture is realy worth a thousand words. Ambika looks so happy with her forever mommy & daddy. We are continuing to pray for your safe journey and look forward to being with you the first week end in February.

Pa & Nana Ware

Anonymous said...

Glad you could post the slide show. It was great to see them once I figured out how to double click on the slide show pics and make the pics bigger than an inch. So, what size shoe is Ambika in our sizes? Do you know? Any clue? So, is she really a size 5 in clothes? Cannot wait until the 27th to see you all. Ambika is so adorable.

Anonymous said...

Man, how exciting!!! All of your eyes tell the story!I can't wait to see you all on Tuesday!! God "rescheduled" a meeting in B'ham for me to be there. CAN'T WAIT!!!
Godspeed,ao.

Ashley said...

Ellison, Maddie Ambika's size is a true five. She has one par of six jeans that we brought with us. They fit, but the size adjustment around her hips is as small as it gets. India shoes are based on your age and don't come close to the US shoe sizes. We did purchase one pair of shoes Friday evening. One pair of Mallory's flip-flops fit very nicely, but they probably won't work with our temps in February.

I can tell you that Ambika is eating well (mostly American food). She has turned down food a couple of times and stops when she full.

Keith

Anonymous said...

Okay, so if Mallory's flip flops fit Ambika nicely then what size shoe is Mallory? I have size 5 clothes for you just wondering about shoes. I so cannot wait until the 27th.

Ashley said...

Ellison,
The flip flops are size 12. Mallory out grew them this past summer.

We can't wait to see you, too. It's been fun, now its getting to be a bit long to be away from home.

Keith

Anonymous said...

Is she going by Maddie? Where are we supposed to meet you Tuesday???
Praying for smooth travel!

Sherry