CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Praise God- the visa is complete!!!!

Wow! What a day! We began with a GREAT American Breakfast. Again, the Radisson Chennai is worth the money. They had steak, bacon (can you believe) and everything else you would ever want. They gave Ambika hot tea with milk which is how it's served here and offered her hot chocolate. She didn't like the hot chocolate, but we did discover that her favorite breakfast treat is choc. covered donuts. Of course, we can handle that, no problem.



After breakfast, we headed to the Embassy. We had a 10 AM appt. Let me stop right now and say that TIME MEANS NOTHING in India. In a way, that's great. In a way, it's frustrating. We finally make it there amidst all the traffic (more about driving later- those of you who have been here know) about 30 minutes late. But, we went to the front of the line, being an American, and after about 3 security checks we were inside. We had every document they wanted and then some. The consulate office was very nice! You could tell they enjoyed doing their job. Basically, after about two hours, it was all done.



While we waited for the consulate to finish, we walked down a bit of street in Chennai. Yes, CH we did this WITHOUT our driver or Ruban. Let me tell you, it was interesting. We were walking because we were trying to find a chemist (read in American language-pharmacy). The doctor yesterday gave Ambika a prescription for cold and cough medicine because she is coughing a little and has a runny nose that we want to take care of. We found the chemist and let me just say that you would be blown away at this place. It's a hole in the wall and it looks like a shop from Little House on the Prairie. Her medicine costs 65 rupees, which is about 1.50. Can you believe? Anyway, it looked like a scary place, by our standards, but I am trusting the Lord and God is taking care of her.



Once we got the visa, I couldn't help myself, I just cried and cried. I was so happy and so glad that it was all settled that emotion just took me over. Now, we are relaxing in our wonderful hotel and getting ready to leave for Bangalore. Keith is now going to post some pics. Overall, another great day. She is fabulous and God is very good!

3 comments:

Christina said...

You know I am laughing so hard right now that I'm crying. Always an adventure in India. That's why, I think, people want to come back. We can't wait to see you. Relax now and enjoy the rest of your trip. Save some peanut butter crackers for the flight home.

Anonymous said...

O.K., I interrupt this prayer to bust out laughing. In fact, I'm rolling on the floor thinking about AW's face when she sees a strange man sleeping in her upscale apartment. That's the best one yet!! I bet God even grinned at that one. Sounds like you've taken care of the hard part and now it's time to enjoy yourselves. FYI, Saju's birthday is Jan. 26th.

~Ashley~ said...

Goodness you all are having such a fun time. I am glad that everything is going smoothly. As far as the Chocolate covered doughnuts go.... like mother like daughter. Junk food for breakfast...isn't that like the breakfast of champions or maybe just of all of us in high school. HA HA HA. I am so happy for you, Keith, Mason, and Mallory. Ambika is finally coming home. I can't wait to see her and you. The stories you are going to have to tell your grandkids are going to be unbelievable. Can't wait to see you...Tuesday or before if you get an earlier flight.