God is absolutely the author and finisher of our faith. But, He is also the sustainer of our faith. It has been awesome to see Him move so quickly and expertly. We have received all of the documents we have requested. Our fingerprints arrived at both GBI and FBI headquarters in record time and we have already had two of our four homestudy appointments. Keith will meet with our social worker next week. Then, we will meet together and the homestudy appointments will be complete. We also got our police clearance this week. So, all we have to do now for our homestudy packet to be complete is to get a rabies letter from the vet, do Keith's medical exam and go through the online adoptive parent training. Like I said, God is good!
I am thrilled that God has allowed us to know a different side of His Kingdom through the miracle of adoption. I pray that He will be honored and glorified in all that we say and do throughout this journey. As we continue, please pray that God will truly show Himself as Jehovah Jirah, our Provider. Adoption is very expensive. God will not let us down, I know, but we must pray believing and asking, as James 4:2 says. We know this is God's plan for our lives, but we also know it will only be through His divine intercession that this miracle will happen. Won't you join me in praying for our future family member? Pray that God would lead, guide, and direct us and that He would provide the funds to bring this child home, so that she/he may one day know that saving power of Jesus Christ.
I count it a blessing to know all of you. Thank you for walking this path with us.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
God is so good!
Posted by Ashley at 9:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can't say how proud I am of you two!! Sometimes he whispers and sometimes He's so loud it's audible, but hearing is the key and radical obedience is the door! You guys are awesome!! I am so glad to be a part of this prayer circle!!! To God be the glory!
Much Love!
You're both so giving; of your time and effort and skills, and what you do is filled with so much love and energy it's contagious. It is a blessing for my family to know yours and a privelige to lift your names up to the Lord for a special blessing in return. Our prayers are with you all the way and if we can do anything to help you, please let us know.
Ps 112:1 "Praise the Lord. Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who delights in His commands"
Eph 3:14-16 "For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches He may strenghten you with power through his Spirit in your inner being"
It is so wonderful to see what you guys are doing and it is exciting to know that God is in it all! We will of course pray for your family and the beautiful child that God will bless you with. It will all work out perfectly according to God's awesome plan!
Some child is going to be rescued.
That's all that needs to be said.
Post a Comment