April 9, 2008
Well, it's official. After much prayer, research, and guidance from the Lord and from our friends and family, Keith and I have decided that we are adopting. This is a process that has been several years in the making and I am grateful to God for seeing us this far. We have decided that India is where we need to adopt from and are looking forward to meeting our Indian Angel!
However, before we can do that, we have mounds of paperwork to wade through. Those of you who have adopted before or who are in the process of adopting understand this perhaps even better than I do. So far, the task is not unsurmountable, but it is big! What I am beginning to understand is that so many people will play a part in this adoption process. I am trying to record everything through pictures and blogging so that one day, our Indian Angel will understand our awesome journey to him/her.
So, here's the timeline so far:
Sunday, April 6th: Completed Hope For Children Application, prayed with Small Group for the adoption journey.
Monday, April 7th: Called Hope For Children to schedule Home Study, mailed application (Post Office worker took our picture), filled out requests for marriage license, birth certficates
Tuesday, April 8th: Mailed requests for marriage license and birth certificates (three different counties and two different states), called Doctor's office for medical examination and paperwork, emailed the bank for letter, had a playdate with M #1's friend and mom, had dinner with my friend Sara and also set up the blog (see, I am trying to have fun in the middle of this, too), got Keith's passport application (I am trying to convince him to fill this out himself...we'll see)
Wednesday, April 9th: Worked on blog, went to the doctor and the bank for forms to be signed and notarized, talked with social worker and set our first appointment for tomorrow.
Keith and I covet your prayers during this awesome time in our lives. We are looking forward to partnering with each of you in prayer as we strive to fulfill God's command to care for the "least of these".
Please feel free to leave comments, prayers and advice. We greatly value your friendship. Keep checking back often....it's going to be a wild ride!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
The Journey Begins.....
Posted by Ashley at 11:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Good job friend! Your first post looks great and I see you've even added some info on the sidebar. Yay!
Post a Comment