Last night, Keith and I watched a documentary on the lives of Indian children who live in the red ligt district of Calcutta. These children are parented by prostitutes and live in the most horrific conditions. If there was ever any doubt as to why we are adopting from India, that doubt was removed for me, after seeing this film.
Jesus has taught us to rescue the perishing. I believe He meant this spiritually as well as physically. I know there will be challenges that we will face by brining in an "outsider" into our neck of the USA. But, as Joshua said as he was building the wall, "I am doing a good work and I must not come down". Even as we pray to be a blessing to this new child who will enter our family, I know that God will bless us as well.
Friday was a busy day for Keith. He had his passport appointment, picked up the kid's medical reports and we both got fingerprinted. My next visit with the social worker is Tuesday, then Keith will have his. We are still waiting on the birth certificates from Gwinnett County, but we have everything else. Our police clearance letter is getting written tomorrow.
Our program director told us that we were in a good place with our documents. Because the Indian courts shut down for part of the summer, we wouldn 't get a referral anyway. So, we are on track to be ready to receive a referral hopefully by late summer or early fall.
Thank you to all who are reading our blog and giving us support with your prayers. We love hearing from you!

1 comments:
Maybe we'll be getting our referrals at the same time. Ethiopia closes courts from Aug-Oct.
Post a Comment