Today Maddie had a LOT going on. Poor thing, her mean mother made her go to two doctor appointments! First, we went to see Dr. J at the Sibley Heart Center. They did an EKG of her heart, then an ultrasound. It was a very kid friendly place and Maddie was a trooper most of the time. She became very hungry and restless during the ultrasound but overall, did great.
Dr. J said her heart was perfect. He told me that if I looked at it, I wouldn't even be able to tell that she had surgery. The reason she is growing so well now (remember those first pictures?) is because her heart is strong again. He said it was the right size and was doing exactly what it was supposed to do. She is clear to run around and be a complete monkey, which is exactly what she usually does.
After Sibley, we ran through McD's drive thru for free fries (on Tuesdays) and a chocolate dipped ice cream. Yes, we were on the way to the dentist and that's probably the worst thing I could have given her, but it's what she will eat and what she wanted to eat and she'd had a hard day, so that's what we did!
What I didn't know was that the day was actually going to get even harder. At the dentist, Maddie had to have three cavities filled and get a silver hat (crown) for one of her teeth. Needless to say, when she was finished, she was in some pain and looked a little beat up. However, after some ibuprofen and TLC, she is doing fine.
She seems to be enjoying school and is doing well. She is reading beginning books and has learned about ten sight words. Most of all, I think she enjoys being where M1 and M2 are. I think it's comforting for her to know that big brother and sister are close.
Tnings are really starting to get settled now and as much as it's crazy sometimes, I am really enjoying being a mother to three. The gray hairs may come earlier, but that's why they make Clairol!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Brand new heart and silver hat!
Posted by Ashley at 6:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How great to hear that Maddie is doing so well. I am glad to hear that the school thing is going great!! As far as your hair color...you are right....what else is that isle at Wal-Mart for? Love ya
Way to go Maddie! So sweet that she is already so attached to her brother and sister! I can't wait to meet her! Does she swim? She will this summer if she doesn't already! Audrey would make fast friends with her I think. She is very into different languages and cultures right now. She wants to learn "African" so she can talk to her brother (even though I've told her he won't be talking yet ((hopefully!!) when we get him! And I've been dying my own hair now! I love it and it is much easier on the wallet! Have a great wkend and keep posting!
Post a Comment