CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2008

No phones, no drinks, just prints- oh my!

Today Keith and I went to the United States Customs and Immigration Services Building to have our fingerprints taken. We couldn't take in anything but our notification and our driver's license. I prayed that no emergencies happened with M1 and M2 while we were there. As it turns out, we were in and out in 45 or so minutes. It was really a very smooth process. This was the last step on the United States side. We should have official clearance from them, I am guessing within the month, and then we can officially bring an orphan into the US.

We are still waiting on No Objection Clearance from India and it has been about a month. I am growing anxious with each passing day, but I know it will all work out. Once we have that, we can get our shots and apply for our travel visas.

We learned from LifeSong that even though they will only match up to 2k, we are allowed to raise as much as we can. This is great because people can get the tax write off and we can still be assisted with the adoption. It really is amazing just how smoothly all of this has gone. Go God!!

We welcome everyone's continued support and prayers and will keep you posted as we get more news!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Yay! I'm glad things went smoothly on Friday. Congrats on being done! We just got news that there are new travel guidelines in ET. You are no longer allowed to be in public with your baby. :-( So that means, leaving the babe at the orphanage if you want to sight see or staying inside with your babe and hibernating. (Sigh)

~Ashley~ said...

Good for you guys. I cannot wait. I am waiting on payday to send a check for Ambika.

Prayerfully waiting on the arrival date.
Ashley 2